Frequently Asked Questions
What do you need from me to get things going?
- Your Commitment. We don't want to waste your time or ours if you are not serious and committed to getting your website online and making money.
- In as much detail tell us what you want your site to do. (Our easy to use form will help guide you with this very important first step).
- Brainstorming* we can set up a brain storming session to go over the details of your wants and needs for your new website.
- All logos, graphics and images that you have and want to use are required to be in Vector format /.jpg/.jpeg/.png. If you need a logo or graphics we do this for you as well (rates vary for this service).
- Your content, this your company, you know it best. We are here to help you with the content if you require this service (its chargeable at an hourly rate)
Will my website work on mobile devices as well as desktop and laptop computers??
Yes it will. All the websites we design work on all devices. They are "responsive".
Responsive Web design (RWD) is a Web design approach aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from mobile phones to desktop computer monitors).
How much participation do I have in the process?
Your participation and input and feedback are very important. We'll start with a lot of questions about your needs, likes, and wants and work with you to develop just the right look and functionality. We want you to have the site you want.
How much does new website cost?
Each business has different needs and requirements. A new website design is quoted based on the needs of each individual project. Every website is unique and requires different components, we always design and develop custom websites specifically for your business. We'll ask a lot of questions, we will assess your needs, and give you a quote based on that assessment.
The nearest comparison I can come up with is it's a bit like buying a car from a dealership. It all depends on what 'model' or 'features' you require that all alter the price.
What are the additional charges after my fantastic new website is built?
- You will need to pay for your domain name on a yearly basis (yourwebsite.com as an example).
- You will also be responsible for your hosting costs to your selected web host (where you website is hosted).
- Any maintenance that you may require or updates /modifications to your website will be charged out at an hourly rate (unless you do this yourself of course).
Do you provide Logo and graphics design?
Yes we do.
Where does the content for my website come from?
You are the expert on your business, so it's best if it comes from you. If you need help with this we can put you in contact with a copywriter who specialises in writing for the web.
I want to be # 1 on Google. Can you guarantee I will?
Nope. No one can. However, we can help you in this process known as SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) this is the process that helps get you ranked with Google or other search engines.
Anyone who promises you top of page 1 is a liar. You can make an educated guess but there are no guarantees in SEO.
What is a domain name?
A domain name is your address on the internet. Typically this would be something like yourcompany.com
What is web hosting?
Web hosting is a service that allows your website to be viewed on the Internet. It’s basically a computer housed in a data centre that runs your website and email.
Will I be able to update my new website on my own?
I will provide editor roles to our client so they're able to manage their own content in our licensed builder software inside of WordPress.
What is a Content Management System?
A Content Management System is a tool that allows you to maintain the pages of your website yourself, without the need for any technical skills. A CMS allows you to edit and add pages, images, products or blog entries to your website. No additional software is required – all you need is a web browser and an internet connection.
Why should I use Primate when I could use another service like Wix or squarespace
My clients are excellent at running their business because that's what they're good at. I am fantastic at creating professional websites. Let me focus on what I am fantastic at so you can focus on what you're excellent at and together we will make a great team!